Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Two Down Forty-Eight To Go

Well that's two days of consolidation chemo down and forty-eight more (over the next 12 weeks) to go. So far, no adverse effects. They start with an anti-emetic drip - a palette cleanser, if you will - to keep me from getting nauseous. That is followed by the arsenic on a two-hour drip. The only side effects so far are a mild metallic taste in the mouth and a minor headache. The headache is more mild than the one I get when I wear my hat too long.

So the whole adventure is a 3 to 4 hour block out of my day. So much for my plan of getting a part-time CFO job.

I have to compliment Penn. Have you seen the new Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine at Penn? It is like the cancer facility you would see on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Individual infusion rooms for each patient. Your own TV. And the World's Most Comfortable Chair. If you are uncomfortable in this chair, the problem is most likely, you. They could probably use it as a diagnostic tool. Imagine a La-Z-Boy that could read your mind and instantly know how soft or hard to be, or how high you would like your legs raised. Great chair.

Anyway, it is a first class act. If I had known the Abramsons were going to be funding my recovery from leukemia, I would have worked harder for them when they had Criterion. Wait... no... I did work pretty hard for them as I recall. Scratch that.

So if you're looking for me Mon-Fri 9a - 2p from now until (sheesh!) mid-April, I will be at Penn at the Perelman Center in the World's Most Comfortable Chair. Probably watching a movie on my laptop (Thank you, Tony) or plotting the boycott of all Fox News sponsors.

1 comment:

Ghost of Joliat said...

Damn, Davie Winston, what's up brother? I see you're going extreme with the bald look! Sure you didn't split to South Central to join the damn MS-13? I wish you all the best with Mara Salvatrucha...

JC