Monday, January 12, 2009

The 40lbs I Always Wanted To Lose

I know 4 or 5 lbs of it was hair, I guess. And January is not the month to test the insulating value of hair. Trust me. Hair insulates like a blanket of R-38 fiberglass. I made the mistake of running outside to start the car without my new constant fashion statement, the touque.
Hoo-Wee! I don't know if the staples conduct heat away faster, or if it was just total rapid skull radiation, but the chill hit the bone pretty quick. So I will be within a few steps of a chapeau until summer comes.

So that leaves the rest of the weight I lost... Now my pants don't fit unless I pull the belt tight past the holes. It's a new look for me, tres vagabond. I guess if I start the sit-ups now I have a shot at having a six-pack for the first time since eighth grade.

What are the odds, do you think?

No comments: