Thursday, April 16, 2009

You Gotta Love The Funny


My son Cooper and I tease each other with brutal regularity. The other day when I told him he couldn’t do something, he reminded that I was an awful Dad and he hated me. He did so with a smile on his face. Per my programming, I immediately jumped into “Guilt” mode.

“Hmmm. I wonder who it was that asked you to list all the fun things you want to do this summer so we don’t miss anything? I wonder who it was who helped you with your latest project? I wonder who it was who let you use my laptop to look at that video on YouTube?”

“Who was that? Was that the Easter Bunny? Was that Santa Claus?”

Without a beat he replied, “Well I knew it was one of the two fat men who give me things.”

Sometimes you gotta look past the disrespect and just love the Funny.

2 comments:

Linda S. Silberman said...

It sounds like the acorn fell at the foot of the tree!

Kevin McG said...

Cooper is a trouper! That's some good parenting.