Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Parade's Passing By


Okay all you amateur psychoanalysts out there, here's a peek inside the cranium of yours truly.

Since my diagnosis, I have been afflicted with particularly vivid dreams. Some are horrific nightmares - like watching my little daughter get in a stranger's car while I am unable to do anything about it. And some are banal tedious and exhausting - like last night's.

I won't share the really awful dreams here. But the banal and tedious are so remarkably so and so remarkably exhausting that I wake up more tired than when I went to bed. Here is a prime example.

I am in a college town that looks like Durham, NC near Duke. I must get from one college building to another on the far side of town in my bare feet at night. The town is hosting marching bands from all over the nation and they are practicing in the streets. The bands snake through the town on various side streets and alleys moving like the bugs in that old video game Millipede. These aren't high school bands marching slowly along and trying to hit all the notes. These are college bands with all the choreography and swinging instruments and such. I can't walk through a band, I must pass the band, get ahead of the drum major and slip between bands. In addition, there are others trying to do the same thing, and they are passing me because I am in bare feet. Sometimes they cut me off so I cannot get through the opening between bands and must pass another band to get through.

This went on all night. All night.

What's up with that?

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sorry for the removed post I just wanted to edit a spelling error --
-------------
Oh Dave, here goes: You need to go out and buy new shoes, take Tuba lessions and call me in the morning. That will be $150.00 please. (LOL)

Bil Katrina