Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Things I Never Thought I'd Say #124

"I must learn to have more patience when doing my nails."

How do the transvestites do it? I know how the ladies do it. They are, for the most part, trained from birth to paint their nails. But trannys have to learn how to do it much later in life - like me.
[The original version of that sentence read: "But trannys, like me, have to learn how..." Boy am I glad I caught that in time.]

I have what they call "chemo nails" It is a change in the thickness of my finger nails due to the treatment. In my case, the new nails are thinner than the old, causing a bump in the nails.

I know what you're thinking. No biggie, right ? The problem comes when you try to use them. They bend at the line between the old and new nail. And that hurts. Particularly when the line is in the middle of the nail. Until now I never realized how much I use my fingernails.

So I've had to start painting 'em. Nothing fancy. Just some clear polish. Gloss polish unfortunately, so it looks like I just got finished tearing apart a particularly greasy fried chicken. My problem is that I have no patience for this nonsense. I have no patience for dry-time. I find myself waiting about a minute before absent-mindedly jamming my hand into my pocket for change or something.

And how do you paint your right hand when you're right-handed? I'd make a lousy tranny. For many reasons.

Anyway, that's my story. And I'm sticking to it.

NEXT UP: Chemo Nipples

2 comments:

blandoland said...

don't sweat it, you'll always be more of a she-male in my eyes.

Ashley Paige said...

Yay! Now we can have manicure parties! Have Katie bring the nail polish tomorrow. I'll take a break from the desk and we can do each other's nails! HaHa.. Just keep laughing. :)