Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dispatches From The Hospital Room 2

Here is another blog entry I wrote in December while in the hospital.   This is the edited version.  The original went on for a page or two.  Originally, I pretentiously set it into verse. I have re-written it to make it more stream of consciousness.    
 It seems more appropriate.

Things I Didn’t Say In December Because I Was Being Brave

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.
Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow, goddammit! Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow, Shit!
Ow, Hey, Watch That! Ow. Ow. Ouch. Ow. Ow! Is This Really Necessary?
Ow. Ow. You have to let me get some sleep. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ouch. Ow. Ow.
Ow. Ow. Ow. You really have to let me sleep. Ow. Ow. Ow. Oh you sonofa… Ow.
Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Christ! Ow. Ow. Ow. Stop. Ow. Ow. Ow.
Ow. If you don’t let me sleep I will become psychotic and I will kill you and eat you and I don’t want to do that because you are the only one on nightshift I like and you are the only one who can stick me and not make it feel like you are drilling for oil. Ow.
Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Holy Jeez! Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ouch. Ow.
Can you please use the paper tape because the Transpore rips off the top layer of flesh.
Ow, goddammit, OW! Ow. Ow. Stop. Stop. Please stop. Please make it stop. Ow.
Ow. I have no immune system. Please don’t sneeze on me again. Ow. Ow. Ow.
Ow. Ow. Ow. Hey! Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.
Ow. Is sadism a requirement in the Phlebotomy Dept? Ow. Ow! OW! Ow. Ow. Ow.
Ow. Yes, it fuckin’ hurts! Ow. Ow. Ow. Don’t ask me. Read the friggin’ chart.
Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

No comments: