Thursday, May 28, 2009

C'mon! Get Up And Dance With Me!


Oh yes. It's Official.
Remission.
Say it Loud & Proud.
RE-MIS-SION
Proof? Proof, you say?
Certainly.
Here is my MyPENNHEALTH page featuring my current diagnosis:

What does that mean?
Well, as I am sure you either know or suspect, nothing happens in a hospital until the computer code gets changed. Yesterday, my diagnosis code was changed from Acute Myeloid Leukemia to Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Remission
My blood counts are back to (low) normal in less than a week. And I have one more round of chemo starting next week before we put this bitch to bed for good.
Or, to put it in a more horrifically graphic way - which I find more viscerally satisfying- The leukemia is sprawled out on the floor and I am standing with my heel on it's throat, slowly increasing the pressure and waiting to hear that satisfying crack as I crush it's spine.
Too much? Perhaps.
But boy, it sure feels good.

8 comments:

TStew said...

Sa-Weeet!!

Jay Smith said...

F yeah.

Linda S. Silberman said...

HURRAY!!!YIPPIEE!!!LONG LIVE DAVE!!!! WHEW! THAT WAS A CLOSE ONE!

Unknown said...

Fan-fricken-tastic man!!!!! I am so happy for you Dave. Ya' kicked butt and took names. I so admire your strength and attitude.

Bil Katrina

Anne S. said...

Soooooo happy to hear it!!!! Hooray! We've been sending good thoughts your way and will continue to do so.

Kevin McG said...

Awesome. Give the monster a kick in its groin for me, would ya?

Anonymous said...

Where can I download the "Cool and the Gang" version? :0

D M Smith said...

>>>Where can I download the "Cool and the Gang" version? :0<<<

Not from me anytime soon! That's for weddings and bar mitzvahs!

My Celebration Rocks!