Saturday, May 23, 2009

Can't Swim? Hell, The Fall'd Probably Kill You


Sorry I haven't written in a while. I wish I could say I've been busy.
I've been waiting. For blood to go. For blood to return. For a fever that may never come.
You know. Same cancer shit. Different day.
I know I bellyache about the poisonous chemo. But it is extremely safe and my condition is well managed.
And then... there are the side-effects.
You never know what you're going to get: constipation, diarrhea, peripheral neuropathy, itching, dry skin, sweats, hemmorhoids, hair loss, hair gain, and on and on and on...
And then there is Neutropenia. With my immune system down anything goes. What will it be? A stray virus? A little bacteria in my fruit juice? A little e coli?
So how goes it? It goes well. I have survived the chemo and I am riding out the side effects.
So I've made the jump. Let's see if I can swim.

No comments: