Wednesday, December 16, 2009


So this is Christmas
And what have you done?
Another year over.
A new one just begun


I am a John Lennon fan.
One of the happiest memories of my life is dancing with my wife at our wedding to John Lennon’s Love

Love is living
Living love
Love is needing
To be loved


And one of the saddest was the news of his assassination the night before my 17th birthday.

John Lennon’s music has been important to me all through my life.

And then there’s Happy Xmas (War Is Over!)
For my entire life this song has been a tremendous weight on me every Christmas.
It hangs out there as a challenge. Another year gone by. Time wasted. Life wasted.
Every year Happy Xmas (War Is Over!) makes me feel... guilty.

So this is Christmas
And what have you done?


Well this year I finally figured out an answer for him.
This year, with the help of some really great Doctors, the care of the world’s greatest Nurses, the support of my amazing Friends, and the love of my wonderful Family
I KICKED CANCER’S ASS.

How's that, John?
Good enough?

Goddamned right.

Happy Christmas

War Is Over.

No comments: